The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Fw: Silver Streak

What an incredible find!!  Like all things it is worth what someone is
willing to pay.

All I can tell you is that I paid $6000 for a 77 that was in incredible
condition, but not completely original inside. There was new flooring, new
floors, new SS water tank, new furnance, 5 new tires, new awnings and new
curtains. I got the receipts for all the new things that were installed
between 6-10 months before I bought it. The blue book for the 77 itself,
according the insurance company, was about $3500. The cost of all the new
stuff was over $4000, so I felt like I got a good deal. I bought this after
looking at NEW travel trailers that looked and felt like they were made from
plastic. Since we have had it we have replaced the airconditioner and toilet
( just did not like the idea of using a 30 year old toilet) and put in an on
demand water pump. We also replaced the vinyl trim and painted the areas
where the gold had faded. This was very easy to do...primer rustoleum paint
and antique gold spray paint. We love this trailer and it was worth every
penney to us.

Good luck and don't let this gem slip through your fingers!

Harriet