The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] under the floor

Bill

What year did you say your trailer is?  74?  If so, you will probably have to
run new flex lines.
The area under the floor around the sink would be very difficult to get to.
I would probably re route the lines as the later models are under the beds
etc.  There must be a split line under the floor.  If the lines were running
above the floor, I would say trace them as they go under my sink and turn toward
the back over the wheel well housing (wood) and follow along toward the back.
This can be easily seen if I pull the back twin bed off and look under the
cabinet. A repair on a newer one would be much easier.  If yours is a 74, it is
probably routed under the floor as you said and along the heat ducts.  This
changed in the mid 70's and the ducting as well as the pipes were all above floor
level. Only the drain pipes went below and only when they dropped into a
tank. I have copper throughout but I know from my repair guy that does my plumbing
that he can cut these lines and insert a fitting and extension to re join the
water line.  If accessible, this is an easy job!

James