The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Re: 1974 plumbing under floor

You may be right about your plumbing running under the floor.  If I remember
correctly, the earlier Silver Streaks had heating duct work under the floor
with vents in the middle of the walk way in the bedroom.  It this it true for
your trailer, the pipes were probably installed in the basement under the floor
along the route of the heat duct vents.  If this is the case, I would either
pull the access panels off of the bottom to see the lines and repair or simply
splice into the existing lines and run the new plastic piping above the floor
in concealed areas.  I had a 1970 Holiday Rambler  at one time that this was
the case. I was able to connect the front pipes that came from the basement
area to the sink to the rear supply by feeding  the newer tubing through the sub
floor from the outside. It was easier than I thought it would be. If your leak
is under the floor, this is about the only options I would know of.

James

77 Supreme Luxury Liner