The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Silver Streak

Hi Folks,
I have all the paperwork done on my '68 19Ft. SS and am ready to start work
on her. Upon a closer inspection of where the insignias were it appears
that they were a metal plaques that were riveted to the shell. Actually it
appears to be 2 plaques. One with the Silver Streak logo and a smaller oval
shaped one below it. I think the oval one is where the model name was. I
have seen some photos of a 1958 SS  19 footer with the logos intact and the
model in '58 was "Jet". Can anyone tell me if all 19' SS's were Jets? Also
I have some rust streaks from some of the brackets, tail lights, etc. What
is the best way to get the rust streaks off of anodized aluminum without
harming the anodized finish. I also have a window type air conditioner
mounted in the rear. I am considering removing it and re-installing  a
window there and putting a roof mount AC where the front vent/skylight is
located. Would this be too much weight on the roof? One other thing and
I'll quit typing and get to restoring, this SS has tandem axles under it.
What is the proper tongue weight and height for stable towing? I have
enjoyed everyone's comments and will try to find a place to post some
photos of the project as it progresses.

CUL

Travis