The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Hi Michael and Cellesti

Hi Everyone, Wow! It looks as though this list has come to life! You
just have to throw in an occasional "I haven't heard from anyone" and
you'll suddenly hear from everyone! I'm relatively new to the list - I've
been lurking for a while - and decided to jump in here. This past
February I found a 1958 Silver Streak in Odgen, Utah, and towed it back
to my home in Colorado Springs. She's an oldie, but a goodie for sure!
Current status: The SS is gutted (all but the interior aluminum) and I'm
stripping the latex paint off the walls. A previous owner had painted the
entire inside, covering the factory mint green paint! All the wood has
been stripped and refinished, but the walls are mostly aluminum. She
won't be nearly as comfortable as the newer Silver Streaks - but we love
her none-the-less! I've also been polishing the exterior with a lot of
success. It's not coming out as good as I'd like, but it's a start! The
bad news is that we're finishing up a move, then a quick road trip
(without the SS), so I've had to set me project aside for the short term.
Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to really go after it again. I
can't wait to be "finished" with it! If any of you are out this way
(Colorado Springs) be sure to look me up! I'd love to see what you've
done! Maybe it's time to revive that old Silver Streak club... they are a
special breed, no doubt! If you want to see what the old Streak looks
like - I have a website (that needs updating...) with some pictures at
http://www.thesl8s.com/silverstreak. Enjoy, and happy travels!!! Steve