Re: [VAL] centramatic wheel balancers

Fellows,

I have enjoyed the discussions concerning centramatic wheel balancers thus
far.  My observations have been as follows:  While traveling under ideal
icing conditions, I have seen near perfect symmetry in ice cones radiating
from the center of the wheel, these had built up during travel and reflect
the uniformity of motion whether the wheel is speeding up or slowing down.

Another observation: when one is traveling in a farm tractor or other such
equipment with fluid in the tires to add weight for traction, is the motion
of the vehicle affected by the fluid in the tire?  I think travel was very
constant and I do not remember feeling any adverse influence of the fluid
material inside the tire with respect to the forward motion.

My bicycle tire repairman says the green goop he put in the valve stem to
stop leaks (caused by cactus spines) uniformly coats the inside of the tire
before it dries, I can only take his word for that since the bike was hauled
away from his shop in a suburban and put in the shed until the next trip.
I suspect, as the others have mentioned that our tires are poorly balanced
most of the time causing adverse wear, thus selling more tires for the tire
industry!

Very interesting discussion all in all. GAS