Re: [VAL] tire size

Scott,
Just my 2 cents on tires. I have run nothing but Goodyear Marathons on
all of my trailers over the years and never had a problem. I got 7
years out of the ones on the 68 before the cracking started, the tread
depth was never a problem. They have never gotten too hot even going
to Salem in the Columbia River Gorge at 110 degrees at 70 MPH. So all
in all I like them and will put another set on the 88 when it is ready
to hit the road next spring. I guess in short, I like them and I think
if you inflate them, inspect them and make sure your dealer puts on a
"new" set you should get many years out of them. Also I thought about
replacement on the road, you know I don't carry a spare, Goodyears are
easy to find when you need one.

Good luck, I'm off to find the leak in the living room of the 68!
Ed