Re: [VAL] flooring

Jeff,

I have the Al floor in my '77' Minuet.  As David said it is two sheets
of AL with 1" of foam in between.  Additionally it has Al cross braces
added to help span the spaces in the very light weight Minuet frame.
I had the belly pan off this spring and was able to degtermine that
the Al is bonded to the foam.  While the belly pan was off I removed
the fibreglass insulation and replaced it with Formular 1" foam
insulation.  I have not noticed the floor overly flexible nor cold but
I don't winter camp either.  If I were replaceing the floor in an
Airstream I would use the Al foam sandwich quite happily.  However I
would use thicker top and bottom sheets, and bond it to Formular foam.
 Formular is a lot heaiver than the original polystyrene.  I would
also add thermal break anywhere there was a stiffener added inside the
sandwich.

Atb,
Royce