[VAL] Re: trailer safety

It seems to me that if my trailer came off the ball and was held only by the
safety chains, I'd want the trailer brakes to activate in order to keep the
trailer from running forward into the tow vehicle. Also, with the trailer
brakes on and rearward pressure against the chains it would be easier to stop
in a straight line. Otherwise, the trailer would tend to wander side to side
and slam into the tow vehicle repeatedly as you tried to slow down.
Brian Jenkins