RE: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #767

> Hi VAC,
>
> I have a dilemma. I have a shorted electric brake magnet on my Flying
Cloud.
> It has a part number stamped on it, 1101-631-002. It is about 8 - 10
inches
> across and fits around the hub. Looks like when it fires the brakes it
sucks
> in floating plates on the inside face of the drum. Anyone know where I can
> get replacements? Should do both sides I would think.
>
> Steve McPheters
>
> Freeport, ME

Steve,
Andy is right about the brake magnet that you are referring to, however I
suspect that is the least of your worry. Axles of this era have about a
99.9% chance of being dead & un useable at this point in time. The rubber
used in these torsion axles dries up & hardens giving you diminished
suspension travel & a very stiff ride. This is not conducive to keeping the
rivets tight in your monocoque shell. We sell custom built axles to suit
your trailer that can be drop shipped to your location. The axles include
shock brackets & complete brake assemblies. They are also powder coated.
 Andy @ Inland RV also sells axles out of his California location which I
believe can be drop shipped.
Good luck with your project,
Colin Hyde