Re: [VAL] Potable water tank is Galvanized?

Mine is in the exact same place and shape. Probably the same size and most
likely is interchangeable between our trailers. I sure hope mine is in as
good condition as yours is.  Most likely it is Aluminum. It is bright and
shiny as if it had been polished. No air compressor though.
I will try the magnet test to see if it (crossing my fingers) might be
stainless..But I'm not holding my breath nor am I putting betting on it. I
hope it doesn't leak. Going to perform an air pressure test after closing
off all exit plumbing and making sure the valve stem doesn't leak and the
cap doesn't leak. Replacement with plastic is a bit expensive for the budget
right now.  I do know the tank hasn't been used for many years and has been
disconnected from the trailer plumbing. Maybe the corrosion stopped when
they quit using it...If it had ever been used.

Thanks to everyone for all your advise and suggestions. I am saving all the
emails for future reference as I work on my Cruiser.

--
Warren
1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.