Re: [VAL] FW: airstream cooking

> I have also looked at some fairly easy to use solar ovens/stoves which
> would be much cleaner than a BBQ (here in Florida there is enough sun
> for these).
>
> Bob
> SW Florida USA
> 1960 Tradewind

Bob,

We have a solar oven that we play with. it's a lot of fun adapting and
trying out recipes with.

Our main issues with solar ovens are that you need to be around for 3+
hours in order to turn it to keep it pointed at the sun and that you
never know how long it's going to take to cook...

Plus, we end up eating dinner at 5PM some times, as you can't really
cook much past 5 due to the lack of strong sunlight. I may be getting
old, but I am not to the "Dinner at 5" point yet... :-)

Dave