Re: [VAL] FW: airstream cooking

> A note of caution about Airstream cooking. I noticed
> it right away when we got our nearly 40 year old
> Sovereign. The oven. Never been used. Talked to a lot
> of people and apparently theirs have never been used
> either. Until I find independent, verifiable research
> I am going to assume that most models were not
> intended for use as a cooking device. Ours is where we
> keep things like the tea kettle, etc., when we are on
> the road. Until someone can point to scientific
> evidence (I mean major research here) that the ovens
> are indeed made for cooking, and not for storage, I am
> not going to risk it.
> cheers, bill (fast food) b.

Well - I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am a "reliable" source, but
I have been known to haul out all the stuff I have stored in my oven and
actually use it for cooking.

Results vary, but research has proven that the variance is usually due
to the cook, and not the equipment the cook used...

:-)

--
Dave & Ann Lowrey - WBCCI: 5074

1977 31' Sovereign International - Mid Bath
1978 6.7 Mhtre Argosy Minuet - Front Gaucho