Re: [VAL] FW: airstream cooking and a recipe

Mark wrote:
> Hey Dave, it sounds like you like to cook (and eat) too!  Perhaps you have a
> favorite recipe you'll share?  Your gravy would be groovy....
>
> (please excuse the flashback word)
>
> Mark

Actually, I usually buy my "Country Gravy" as a mic... :-)

However, here is a favorite camping recipe. It is normally a breakfast
treat, but can be consumed at any time of the day.

They are called "German Pancakes". They are basically like a crepe, that
you fill with your favorite filling such as jams, Nutella, diced fruit,
etc., then roll and eat:

GERMAN PANCAKES

Ingredients

3  eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup club soda, freshly opened
1 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Butter, for cooking
confectioners' sugar

Beat eggs with the milk in a medium size bowl. Add club soda and stir in
the flour and sugar. Add salt and vanilla and stir until batter is
smooth. It will be very thin (if not, add more club soda).

Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in an 8" skillet set to medium. When
foam subsides, ladle enough batter to coat the bottom of the skillet
thinly. Tilt the skillet from side to side to spread evenly

Cook until lightly browned on one side, then turn and brown lightly on
the other side.

When pancake is done, turn out onto a plate and cover with a towel to
keep warm until all the pancakes are done.

Put a thin layer of your favorite filling, such as Jams, chopped fruit,
Nutella (a chocolate & hazelnut spread), maple syrup or whatever else
you like in a pancake, then roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners's sugar

Enjoy!

Note: Unused batter can be kept in the refrigerator for later used. Just
add a bit more club soda to it to thin it out prior to cooking.

--
Dave & Ann Lowrey - WBCCI: 5074

1977 31' Sovereign International - Mid Bath
1978 6.7 Mhtre Argosy Minuet - Front Gaucho