RE: [VAL] FW: airstream cooking - Great new products

In the last year or so, a new, quick cooking option has arrived on the
scene.

Frozen skillet meals.

They typically cook in a single skillet on top of the stove (or with an
additional saucepan). No microwave needed.

The variety of dishes is amazing, and they are quite healthy by today's
dietary standards - low fat, decent protein and a variety of vegetables. The
quality and flavor of the finished dish is very, very good.  Since there are
many companies making these meals, the competition really keeps the variety
and quality up, with new dishes coming on the market frequently.

If the meat (or fish) ingredient is lacking (or less than your taste), I
typically add some frozen precooked shrimp to the mix.

The only constraint is freezer capacity.  However, you can keep these frozen
packages in the refrigerator for a day or two prior to cooking if you are
short on freezer room.

Each package typically serves two people.

Oliver Filippi