Re: [VAL] 1973 Excella fridge help needed

Lynn, I have a 1975 Overlander and I had trouble  with the refrigerator.
My unit had what was called a pregnant door.  The door bulged at the bottom
causing the door the drag and not seal.  I did the following.  I used a heat
gun to soften up the plastic, then used two bar clamps and 2 pieces of plywood
to square up the plastic as it was when new.  As it cooled, it rehardened in
the correct position.  I then removed the front pannel, drilled two 5/16 holes
in at the side of the edge extrusions, and two at the bottom extrusions.  I then
inserted a riv-nut in each of the four holes.  I then screwed four eye hooks from
the inside and flush with the outside edge.  I had to relieve an area for the
eyebolts in the insulation.  Once the four eyebolts were in place, I installed
two turnbuckels, and using stainless steel wire in an "X" position, turned the
turnbuckels, moving the door into the correct position.  The repair has lasted
3 years and is going strong.  Travis