Re: [VAL] Arizona Help...Truck

    Wendy,

    Failing other options, you might want to consider renting a 14 foot (?)
U-Haul box truck for the move.  They have more than adequate Ford Triton
V-12 engines that have the power to pull themselves and a trailer straight
up the side of a sky scraper.

    I rented one several years ago when I bought our Airstream in Sacramento
and towed it down here to Santa Monica.  The truck was heavy and powerful
enough that I honestly couldn't even tell that I was pulling anything.

    Depending upon mileage and when all is said and done, plan to spend in
the vicinity of $100.00 plus gas for the days' use of it.

    HINT:  The small lip or skirt on the Airstream tongue (the ball
receiver) protruded out a bit too far and interfered with the vertical of
the U-Haul bumper because the ball they had welded in place didn't leave
enough room to drop the tongue onto.  Fortunately it was a matter of a
fraction of inches and about 5-10 minutes of lightly directed peening with a
hammer I had brought along curled the lip enough to allow clearance and free
movement of the tongue on the ball.

    Hopes this helps as an option,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508