Re: [VAL] 1958 Flying Cloud electrical

Tony,

I haven't seen any answer to your question so thought I might comment.

I think you'll probably have to trace them out.  I don't know if there
was any standard back then, and in any case the chances are good that
the cable has been replaced at least once in the last 50 years.

The tow vehicle cable that came with our 1960 Pacer had a 6-pin plug at
both ends, rather than the current RVIA-standard 7-pin, and a matching
socket on the trailer.  I put a 7-pin socket on the trailer (which
conveniently fit the existing hole) and used the current standard color
code on the new 7-wire cable.

There wasn't much color coding on the wiring to the trailer socket.  The
wires to the tail, left turn, and right turn lights were all red, with
one, two, and three knots tied in the wires to distinguish them.

See you down the road,
John & Barb Sellers
WBCCI/VAC #1587
1960 Pacer