Re: [VAL] insurance

Scott,

We have both of our trailers insured with Foremost Insurance Company, a
division of the Farmers Insurance Group.  The reason is that Foremost
would write Agreed Value insurance policies on them.  The big insurance
company that we have our home and cars with doesn't write Agreed Value
policies.  Foremost didn't have any problem with the valuation we placed
on the Pacer--in fact they offered us $2,000 more if we wanted it.  (We
took it.)

In the case of both of our trailers they accepted photos and verbal
descriptions--they didn't send out an appraiser to look at them,
although they reserved the right to.  I get the impression that Foremost
is becoming aware of the popularity and value of vintage Airstreams.
And it's a good source of business for them, since they charge according
to the agreed value.

That's about all I can tell you, since we haven't had any claims.

See you up the road,
John & Barb Sellers
WBCCI/VAC #1587
1960 Pacer