Re: [VAL] re-registering wbcci/owner history

Rob

Thanks for looking up the number. The last number in the book was 12345? You
making that up? I was always curious why my old 62' that had been resting in
the previous owners yard for ten years had such a high number (28450), and
that was attached when he bought it.

The wbcci office was helpful providing the information about the previous
owners, but as I mentioned there was not response to the letter I sent to
that address. Someday some information may turn up another lead. I have
talked to many long time club members that owned older (not yet vintage)
trailers and mostly the reaction to questions about their older trailer
ranged from " Oh yes, took it everywhere, that was three or four trailers
ago. Many just remarked that they were old and it was time to update to a
newer, mostly larger model. There was not that emotional connection I
expected like one has to your first car. I suspect that even that they owned
Airstreams, they were still considered mostly just practical camping
vehicles, rather utilitarian and not so glamorous as the newer models today.
Also they were more affordable (compared to now) therefore more disposable
for the newer models. (Speaking relatively here)

Joann

That's great that you have your parents number, but how does that fit on the
Bubble?

Gary Campbell

1962 Safari #3363

K.P.  ME

From: Joann Wheatley <jwheatle@calpoly.edu>

Subject: Re: [VAL] re-registering wbcci/owner history

My parents joined in the 70's - they were #31501 and yep, things were really
popping back then. They (my parents) hosted the Mardi Gras Rallies and the
attendance maxed out. A bunch of them used to go to S.

Texas in the winter so they could cross the border every day and bring back
duty-free booze for the Mardi Gras parties. Caravans were very well-attended
and always had an M.D. and an Airstream support team along. Very nice. I was
able to get the same numbers for my little '56 Bubble.

Jo Ann