[VAL] door sprung?

I think that indeed is the case, and I tried to lift it with a 2x4 in a
similar manner as Jim described, but probably I was not going far enough,
afraid of doing more damage. I have had this AS since 1985, and the deadbolt
worked marginally when I got it and has gotten more out of line as time
passed.  I looked at the rivets yesterday and they don't appear to be loose,
but it is hard to tell if the hinges have been bent a bit??  It is going in
for a new axle soon so I will get another opinion while it is in the shop.
Thanks for the input.
Polly in CO