[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #722

Polly, your door may be sprung so it's hanging lower than normal so the dead
bolt doesn't line up with the hole.  I had the same problem after my door
flew open while towing. (I made the wooden "door lock" that hooks under the
grab bar.)  A RV mrchanic pushed the door almost closed and then lifted the
right edge of the door with a metal bar resting on the door sill.  Then it
lined up correctly again.

Jim Greene
former owner 1972 Tradewind, 1973 and restored 1968 Tradewind