Re: [VAL] CF bulbs

GAS,
A great forum, just look at what Daisy has done! Others too! I thought I was
alone in my interest and would be considered more weird than my interest in
the old rv's, but others have really succeeded in the progress of trying and
making their own LED lighting. So we are making our own interior lights and
exterior total conversions using what we can get our hands on. Dr. G. is
smart and if we can figure out the resistors, polarity and voltage controls,
different arrays, we can make our trailers really energy efficient. The new
roof air's draw half the load with the efficient scroll compressors. The new
fridges don't use ammonia and are frost free and digital hands-off
controlled. The water heaters are dual fueled electric controlled and
hands-off like the central heaters now. Generators are dual fueled, variable
rpm alternators.

I really like the spiral compact fluorescent lighting in my home, and would
settle for it in my trailer, but the 12 volt lamps are expensive. Hard to
find CF's are very limited in a choice of one or two, short lived for the
expense, shorter lived if enclosed, horizontal, or especially inverted
installations. They are often slow start, have to warm up to get bright, and
don't like cold weather. The CF expense in 12 volt gets into the cost range
of LED, and don't compare to the low consumption of the largest LED array.

So if it is not made, we will apparently just make our own. There are
limitations of the strict voltage window, heat environments such as over the
range installations, and the absence of reflective properties to adjust. I
used a compact mirror of just the right size from a dollar store for one
light, and will glue in more in just the right places and it helped a lot to
increase the light reflection in the fixture.

I want my trailer to have white, bright, no heat, great lighting and when I
finish I expect to turn them all on including all the running lights and
have a single house battery be able to run every light for 7 days with a
battery result finishing at 12.56 volts at 60% remaining or better.

What I really want is my house on LED, an electric meter that barely
rotates, and lighting that will certainly out live me. I think this won't
happen if I don't make it for myself.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX