Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #693

Doug,
Try NP 1 . I have 18 1-1/4" galvanized pipes with the threaded flanges
anchored direct to concrete on the 10th year with this product, in white.
The 10 oz standard size tube reads www.BASFBuildingSystems.com  white
K33JUN057 which is probably just K33 with a date. It stores open (tip
wrapped in cling wrap) in the fridge for a really long time. Made in limited
colors for expansion joint filling, the bulk of the sales is in concrete
gray, roofing silver, and the brick white. It is a joint sealant adhesive.
No drip, sag, or shrinkage. Will join pieces of metal or anything. Stays
rubbery. Cures rather fast in Houston. I don't know if needs moisture
climate so maybe no good in Arizona without using a water hose. Pieces of
steel, aluminum, or wood will tear if trying to separate. Concrete will
break away if steel is tried to separate from anchored. UV unaffected on M
and R roofing panels after 15 years. Panels will tear and rip if tried to
separate. Is not for retail sale, so I guess we can't eat any of it. Little
or no odor on application and use in very small enclosures. I get it from a
roofing supply wholesaler.

I can use it to seal panels for incredible adhesion and permanent leak
prevention. Clean up is easy with most solvents before cured. After cure,
forget removal, not happening. It is a gun grade polyurethane sealant. They
make one you can apply on a wet surface, but it is expensive and this one is
not. They make an ultra white said to not slightly yellow. Sticks to cheapy
nylon and plastic like buckets and such, who would have thought anything
would stick to nylon. Patched a hole in a new car battery a guy gave me.
Nothing sticks to car batteries.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX