Re: [VAL] Old/New Member with Vintage <mumble>

> Hunter,
> Not sure what was going on earlier, but this time it worked.  Nice looking
> interior.  You may want to consider keeping the wood original rather than
> laminating.  I used a citris stripper some years ago on my '60 airstream.
> Did a great job of taking off the old sealer but retaining most of the
> stain.  I used a little stain to match the grain where the wood had worn and
> re-sealed with a poly.  Looked very good and original.  Don't have a clue
> what the stripper was, but it was available at the normal building material
> places and had no fumes and was not flammable.
> Good luck
> Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm a bit confused about what you mean about laminating the wood original.

The trailer with the "panels" is my 1996. The walls were funky white
Velcro carpet like material. I put the wood over the white stuff to
cover it.

As for the Vagabond, the wood is gorgeous, there's no way I would do
anything to it other than clean it, which I did... then I used the same
color stain to cover nicks and dings, then skim coated the stain over
the whole living room... it's fabulous.... I was able to save all the
wood in there, when I thought I would be replacing some panels.

I do have to replace the trim though, where the panels meet.

I haven't decided if I'm going to use matching wood or aluminum strips
for the one panel that's horizontal, which I think would be cool.

Hunter