Re: [VAL] first timer

Charlie -- when you say "having someone redo the flooring," are you talking
about new linoleum, or are you talking about replacing the subfloor?  If it's
the latter, you'll find much information in the archives about replacing the
flooring, and you may find that it's worthwhile doing it yourself for everything
you'd see in the process about other systems, earlier renovations, condition of
the carriage, etc.  I've never done it so it's easy for me to just toss off the
suggestion lightly, but there is certainly a wealth of experience here on the
process, pros & cons, pitfalls, etc.

You haven't said what condition the beast is in, are you looking at refinishing
cabinets or more like taking it down to the skin and fitting everything back
in?  Either way, again, much assistance available here.  Welcome and we'll look
forward to hearing about your labors as you progress!

--Sarah