Re: [VAL] LP tank info needed

    Pete,

    Similar to what Eddie and Gerald are saying, I don't remember the dates
on my two steel tanks but they were over the cut-off date, 10-12 years,
thanks Gerald when I was told by the local propane service here (Airport
Propane near LAX) that they could be inspected, valves changed and
recertified by means of his stamping a new expiration date on them.  One of
the criteria was that the tanks had to be free of rust and even the surface
rust on mine had to be removed.

    I sanded and repainted both tanks in silver and returned to Airport
Propane where he inspected, recertified, changed valves and filled them both
for me.

    Hope this helps,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508