RE: [VAL] 67 Caravel

Thanks for the input Scott.  For some reason I wasn't getting my post and I
was worried that it wasn't getting through to the list!  You may have gotten
a duplicate because I posted once last night and once this morning.  Sorry
for the duplication.

> Except for near the wheels, you do not want to make the belly pan water
tight.

Yes, I understand that and didn't make my question very clear.  I wasn't
planning on sealing anything except around the wheel wells.  That's one
reason I was wondering about slipping the belly pan between the axle mount
and the frame rather than notching around it.

> Like the original installation you want the fiberglass to be held up
against the underneath of the wood floor.

Do you mean putting 2 inches of insulation in the 3 or 3 1/2 inch space
leaving an inch or so of space between the insulation and the belly pan?  I
hadn't thought of that.

dd