[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #642

> Does someone have the information on where I can find
> these two
> service bulletins, and/or how to actually fix the
> problem? I am
> rather fond of it just being rusted bolts...that would
> be a very easy
>  fix!
>
> Happy trailering!
> Sharon, in BC

Hi Sharon;
I have a 67 Safari that had the rear separation. That
is where the body comes loose from the frame at the
back where the frame members exit to the bumber.
There is a bolt through the frame up through the floor
channel that holds everything together. The bolt will
rust off or break through the floor channel. I opened
the inner wall over the frame, accessed from the back
door. I then bent a piece of 1" square tubbing to fit
in the channel then drilled through it and put a new
bolt down through everything including the frame. That
pulls everything tight and holds the rear end up.
I did this myself in less then a day.
Let me know if you need more details.
"mossbackdoug@yahoo.com"
Doug