Re: [VAL] Replacing axles on '64 Airstream

I replaced my axles 0n my 65 trade wind with Dexter 3500 axles  I used the
22.5 degree axles if I had to do it over I would use the 45 degree as  to gain a
little mare road clearance.the 10 in breaks worked just fine I oped  for the
parking break on the front axle haven't hooked it up. The frame had to  be re
drilled and one of the holes was very close to the bottom of the frame so  I
cut axcess holes and also drilled 1/2 in holes through the bottom of the
frame. completed a 4000 mile trip no problem with the axles or breaks the 10 in
drums have the power to lock up the wheels.
Jim Smith