[VAL] Indoor Outdoor thermometer

Another simple project

Today (10/05/07) was a good day to install a fancy battery powered
digital thermometer in our Airstream. The inside numeric display is
beside the upper wine glasses cabinet. The outdoor feed line was
routed down behind a wall seam and into the lower TV cabinet beside
the refrigerator. Along the cabinet's upper inside edge along the
wall, I used sticky clips to hold the wire against the cabinet's
upper inside horizontal surface. From there, the line was routed into
the refrigerator compartment, where I drilled a hole down through the
floor and banana wrap. After the line was slid down the hole, I
filled it with rope caulk to minimize vibration and ant access.

Instead of letting the thermometer tip (probe) hang down and be
subject to road debris, I ran it and the temperature register line
through a short piece of green garden hose and attached it about a
foot in - to the inside edge of the banana wrap. No sunlight will
reach this probe.

The garden hose opening faces toward the center of the underbelly and
the hose acts as a protective cave for the feed line and sending unit
probe. An ordinary household hose clamp    -^-   was used to fasten
the garden hose to the banana wrap. I then covered the hose and clamp
with a wide piece of very sticky electrical tape to thwart road
debris (mud) from congregating on the clamp or garden hose.

Now to see how it works when we roll south,

Terry