[VAL] Coffee can lid

A simple recycling job,

While washing our Airstream today (10/05/07), I noticed the round
bathroom vent on the roof was cracked on top and a small piece of the
plastic was missing. The remaining top portion and entire body of the
bathroom vent was intact. The mechanism for raising and lowering the
vent is undamaged and functioned normally.

The diameter of the vent's top portion (with crack and hole) seemed
similar to the diameter of a plastic lid from a 24 oz. coffee can.
After digging around in our recycle boxes, I found one and sure
enough, the size was right. The coffee can lid had just enough "give"
to snap over the top of the bathroom vent.

We now have a "repaired" bathroom vent. The lid is secured with
gorilla glue around the inside perimeter of the lid and inside the
top portion where the original lid is still intact. A little silver
spray paint (after I'm sure the glue is holding) will finish the job.

My buddy Ben Franklin (1793) once said: "A stitch in time saves
nine." His influence lives on.

Terry
1989 32' Airstream