[VAL] Progress on the 1954 double door Liner

Today, I completed removing the inside skin. After partially
disassembling the front cap, I finally realized that the end caps are
buck riveted together and I could remove them in one piece.  The front
cap was partially disassembled and the rear cap remained one piece.

You may remember that the front and rear caps have some dents courtesy
of three hurricanes in 2004. With the inside caps removed, I could
access the dents from the interior.  I was able to push the most of the
dents out with my hand.  I will have to work on making them look better.

Another thing I discovered in removing the inside skin is that all of
the inside skins were partially attached using buck rivets. In fact the
upper two skins are six inches short of meeting at the roof so an eight
inch piece was buck riveted to the two upper pieces and then the
approximately eight and one half wide piece was buck riveted into place.
Pop rivets were also used to hold the centers of the large panel to the
interior vertical channels. I do not remember this being mentioned by
anyone else.

I have discovered many interior 110V splices hid in the middle of the
interior panels.

Now time to start the interior 110V, 12V, AV and computer wiring.

Does anyone know where I can purchase snap in plastic grommets to keep
the wiring from being cut by the vertical channel?

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC/CAC #5223
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon
1977 Lincoln Continental