Re: [VAL] Airstream Motorhome Problem

Rik,
Having been to your place, seeing your fine collection, I would pay
attention to and value your thoughts about Airstream, Avion, Spartan,
Argosy, Boles, and all the others you have real hands-on experience. Your
location and access in the mountains would also lend me to listen to any
thoughts you have on tow ability and handling. You are real.

I would love to own a Airstream Motor Home. I would also love to own any
Avion. I believe both are very fine. I think every vehicle has it's pluses
and minuses. Often no two exact same vehicles have the same life-time
performaces and characteristics, even with the same exact owner.

I like your Argosy Motor Home. I like mine too. I like your Avion Trailer
and your Airstream Motor Homes also.

Aluminati certainly is welcome to his opinion. It is not correct to state
that any of the Airstream Motor Homes run hot, and certainly incorrect to
state that they all do. Any engine can run hot for a litany of reasons that
can develope. To state that a simple 454 GM engine always will run hot is
totally incorrect. The engine is used in everything you can imagine. My 78
Argosy ran from Ohio on the Great Lakes, to North Carolina on the Atlantic
coast, where I picked up my 32' SilverStreak Supreme Luxury Liner. I towed
that heavy trailer with the Argosy through the mountains of Tennessee,
across America to Newell Motor Coach in Miami Oklahoma, pick up seven
windshield for my Streamline Motor Homes, and then headed the 12 hours back
to Houston.

Often I towed at speeds of 80 MPH, never ran hot, and used 1 quart of oil
for the entire 3,800 mile trip with only 8 hrs on a Sunday night stopped
waiting on Newell to open at 7AM. This on a 1978 454 CI pushing a 400
transmission. This is the same drive line in the Airstream. This is real
experience and hands on. Correct me if wrong, but Argosy is the supposedly
"Cheapy Version" of Airstream? Aluminati is incorrect and wrong. If he owns
a Airstream Motor Home, I'd like to buy it and bring it back to it's glory,
since by his description it has been terribly abused, neglected, or rolled
down a ravine. I've only ridden in two, and I was very impressed with those
and everything about them.

My Silver Streak 30' 1976 Motor Home ran from Phoenix to Houston non-stop at
speeds near or at 100 mph on the El Paso stretch. A long, long drive, it
never ran hot. That's a 318 CI Dodge on a lowly 3 speed transmission. My 77
1/2 GMC Eleganza II Motor Home never ran hot. It has the front wheel drive
Oldsmobile Engine. I never had my 1966 Streamline Motor Home run hot. It has
the 332 CI Ford with only a 3 speed Crusi-matic. I have two of these. I have
more, like Rik.

So mister Aluminati, what's your ACTUAL experience?

-Eddie-   Houston, Texas