Re: [VAL] Some photos of Daisy's trailer

Both of those santos ( pictures of saints are primitive prints set into
hammered tin frames. I bought them at San Franciso di Asis, an amazing
old adobe church in Taos NM.  They have a gift shop there that has
great, handmade, original stuff.  The second saint is St. Martha.  She
is the patron saint of housekeeping. She is also the subject of a
difficult passage in the new testament of the Bible. Mary is hanging out
with the men, listening to Jesus preach. There must have been a crowd,
who would need to eat soon, because Martha approaches Jesus and says
that Mary should be helping her in the kitchen. Jesus gives a difficult
answer, I can't quote it exactly, but he basically says that Mary is
doing the right thing.  I imagine Martha sputtering off feeling rather
sorry for herself.  I personally think that Jesus was saying something
like serve the way you wish, but no whining. Scholars and religious
folks argue about what it all means, no clear answer. So she is there
because it is a kitchen and because she reminds me there are no easy
answers.

Daisy