Re: [VAL] 1969 Globe Trotter project moves forwards - two weeks work just completed

>Next is the interior clean up. Anyone know how to get >the panels looking
>sparkly again, we have the blond plastic finish with the >hashing pattern?

Hello Jon
Great photos of your restoration! I believe that my 66 safari has the same
interior panel treatment as yours. When I got it, it was dingy yellow and
very tacky to the touch. I had assumed that it was a build up of cooking
vapors, grime and just general atmospheric grunge built up over the years.
However, I read somewhere that much of the tackiness was a leaching of the
vinyl adhesive through the vinyl from the otherside. I can not tell you if
that is fact but I can tell you that I tried 6 or 7 different
products(Windex, 409, Simple Green, Big Orange, etc etc) with very little
positive results until I found a product called "Spray Power".  It was
referred to me in a tech article in the Blue Beret. Although touted as being
available in numerous "Big Box" stores....I could not locate it so I found
their web site and ordered a case directly from them. The web site is
www.spraypower.com    I understand that one of the active ingredients is
Ether but I am not positive. The cleaner has brought my vinyl back to new
looking. Visitors to my trailer marvel at how bright and clean it is and
some have questioned if I have replaced it. Buying it in GB could be a
problem but I can testify to its merits. Good Luck

Harry
66 Safari