[VAL] Antique tow vehicles ? ?

Hi All,

Now that it's September and temperatures are in the 40s at night here
in the Northeast, this may be the ideal time to browse Antique Car
Shows to locate a vintage tow vehicle (same year as Vintage Airstream).

The below website is in Southern New England, but there are dozens of
Antique Car Shows around the country. This list is extensive.

http://www.cruisinbruce.com/CarShowCalendar.html

On the flip side, several years ago we attended a Tin Can Tourist
Rally at a Car Show in Florida. A few rally members had "For Sale"
signs in the window of their RVs. That was a new one for me.
Afterwards, we learned several RVs were sold and delivered.

That got me wondering. Perhaps we'll attend a Car Show with our 1975
Mercury Wagon and tow our 1963 22' Airstream Flying Cloud (and put a
"For Sale" sign in the Airstream window).

The 1963 is our "Lady in Waiting" -- to be restored. Who knows? Maybe
there will be an antique car buff there just itching to restore a 44
year old Airstream (especially one with new tires, repacked bearings,
strong electric brakes, a Reese hitch and a standard RV wiring plug).

I'd prefer selling it that way than advertising locally and then
wading through the muck of "low ball offers" by potential buyers who
want something for nothing.

But then again, maybe I'll hold onto it for a lazy summer project
next year or the year after.

Undecided - obviously,

Terry