Re: [VAL] '69 Caravel front window shield

    Steve,

    We're probably not talking about the same plastics but I've had great
success over the years repairing cracks in plastic dog crates by using a
soldering iron to melt holes on both sides of cracks that I then "stitch"
together with Zip ties.

    If all else fails, you might want to try my method but be advised it
might just make your Caravel look like a Frankenstream as you drive down the
road.  ; - )

    By the way, I have the same Caravel as yours but without the neat window
guard.

    My current project is to fit I a vintage Zip Dee curbside awning I just
bought on eBay and am amassing the odd parts necessary to shorten it from
15' to 8' feet before attaching it.  It has the waaay cool Sunbrella brown
and orange stripes, you gotta love it, very vintage '69.

    It's all great fun,

    Glyn Judson, 1969 Caravel #508, Santa Monica, CA