Re: [VAL] The Silver Albaltross

>> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:56:13 -0600
>> From: "Kenneth E. Johansen" <johansen@frontier.net>
>> Subject: Re: [VAL] The Silver Albaltross
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> Many of us oldies on this list have followed you, your trailer and
>> especially your advice for many years....
>>
>> .....So stay happy and healthy - and hopefully you can stay with us
>> whether your
>> sell your trailer or not.
>
> Jim,
>
> Double dittos on Ken's thoughts. We need you on this list. I always
> read your posts thoroughly. You may not realize it, but you have been
> a first class Mentor to many of us.

    I am sad to hear about your wifes passing , and wanted to add that for
many years have enjoyed reading about the progress (and temporary
setbacks) on the Silver Albatross - from I think not long after you
got it thru its transformation ,about the  "torture racks" , all
electric conversion , the belize trip and breakdown ,the beautiful
woodwork and veneering on the pics Daisy put up , and really want to
thank you for all the tips over the years , you are one of the folks
whose commments and opinions I valued and looked for on here since I
signed up in 98 or 99 to the first list . I dont write much anymore on
the list , and I have been staying within a stones throw of the beach
here in my 63 flying cloud that some of you might remember I was
working on 4or 5 years ago , took her to calif ,and az for 8 months
,stay in it summers now to be close to work , next project is a  new
stove ... I remember once you said that they are never done until your
done... so you might as well keep working on it . Its truly a work of
art and thing of beauty and if you do sell , wait for the long dollar
.
  Chris Elliott