[VAL] Plumbing Adhesive

Hello,
I have a leak in the sewer gate valve ('69 Sovereign)
and need to replace it. (the valve not the leak) I
don't think it looks like a job for me, if I try to
replace the original. That one looks really hard to
get at and would be a bit much to replace. I have seen
the add on valves on various camper parts sites that
allow one to just put a new gate valve between the
hose hook up and the old connection. Looks like a
simple attachment...except... my original connector is
Thetford, of course, and the new valve would be the
"other" kind. That would require an adapter between
the old connection and the gate valve that is between
that and the new hose connection.  I can just see this
whole thing coming undone, as I drive down the road,
releasing the waste water contents on unsuspecting
tail-gaters. Which sounds funny, but may not be
thought of as funny by the recipients. My question is:
Would it be a good idea to glue the adapter to the old
connector and the new gate-valve to the adapter? If
so, what kind of glue would you recommend for those
types of plastic and damp conditions?
Thanks in advance,
bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'