Re: [VAL] roof vent

Hi Rick,

As I recall, there isn't any actual adjustment in the closing
mechanism.  You need to take the light down, and then you will see the
guts of the closing stuff.  First, clean and lubricate and be very
gentle about opening and closing . A number of the parts are made of pot
metal and will break if forced.

Once you can see everything, then you can find what is stopping it. I
don't have a picture of my 1973 vents but can get one if you need it.

I had to do some seat of the pants fabricating to get mine to work,
can't remember exactly what right now, but will go look if you want. I
don't know if there are parts available for them.

If it is too broken, consider putting in a Fantastic Fan instead. They
are terrific, much quieter and more efficient than the original fans.

Daisy