Re: [VAL] a reply to all

Joe and others,

I would love to tell you all about my family's trip to Alaska last summer
with the '60 Overlander. However we never made it. Everyone in the group
backed out due to gas prices, but most did make it to Salem OR for the
International rally. On our way back home we travelled solo and thoroughly
enjoyed visiting Mt St Helens, Mt Hood, and Mt Rainier. We also visited
Yellowstone (do you see a pattern here?). Leaving Yellowstone we re-entered
cell phone service and had several phone messages from a company that my
wife applied to on a lark a few weeks earlier. Long story short be made a
bee-line eastward for the interview. A month later we were moving from our
old home in Ohio to our new one in Iowa.

We are still looking forward to boondocking in the Bighorns! We now avoid
KOA-type places unless we specifically want a pool. We did drive/tent to
Alaska in 1999, and yes we would do it again in a heartbeat...but with the
Airstream.

Scott