Re: [VAL] Airstream production numbers

Gary,

Did you mean to send this message (below) to me?

Anyways, in response to your prior email. Thanks for the Region 4 update. We
attended Region 8 this year. We were able to make it for Friday and
Saturday. We left Saturday evening. Many people left early due to
predictions of very nasty weather Sat night running through the next couple
of days (tornados and large hail). We kept a keen eye in the rear view
mirror at the ominous clouds as we drove away at seemingly the last moment.
We have not heard any reports of damage, so assume that the rally site
dodged the bullet.

I ended up calling Airstream for their production numbers and spoke with a
woman from Larry's office that said that the total number was between
130,000 and 140,000. At Region 8 Dave Schuman informed me that it is the 40
and 50 somethings that are now purchasing the majority of the Airstreams
produced, and that sales to club members only account for approx 15%. That's
a far cry from the 50's/60's where I heard that the figure was about 66%!

So you are now the membership chairman for Region 4?!?

Scott