Re: [VAL] Airstream production numbers

Scott,

I agree that it is a pitiful number of Airstream owners who are WBCCI
members.  I recently read a report by Cindy Reed, but like a dummy did
not bookmark it, that over 2,000 trailers were made last year but only
about 11% were sold to WBCCI members.  Larry Huttle did state at the mid
winter meeting that only 15% of production goes to WBCCI members.  The
Northern Virginia unit newsletter stated that there are 1,000 new
members each year, most of which do not renew, and 1,300 leaving each
year.  Of the 20,000 registered at Airforums.com, I would be suprised if
1,000 are members.  If you had plenty of free time, you could go through
RJ Dial's site and use the serial number range as a guide, that would
work for vintage only.

Good Luck,

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC/CAC #5223