[VAL] Portable air tank

Hello,
I have been  looking at portable air tanks to carry
along in my truck when I pull the airstream. I have
found a 5 gallon size and a 10 gallon size for about
$20 and $30, respectively. I plan to use it fill up
the occasional tire leak and particularly "winterize"
the pipes when on the road during some of our weird
Texas weather. Anyone use a tank for this? I tried a
cheap 12 volt compressor(Hansfield Caldwell? Walmart)
and it could not build up enough pressure or volume to
blow out the pipes. I use a 2.5 hp compressor at home
but it is a little big to haul around.Suggestions?
TIA
cheers, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'