Re: [VAL] Dexter axles and shocks

> From my understanding the Dexter Axle is a torsion spring.  They still need
> shocks.  A day without shocks would be a day without sunshine.  Shocks
> dampen vibration that occurs with any spring system, linear or torsion (like
> a wound up rubber band).   Properly tuned shocks are even better for your
> particular weight class.  You will get better info from others.  :)

Dexter torsion axles are similar designs to Henschen & Axis, with rubber rod
inserts. The Dexter rep that I dealt with in the past had never heard of
adding shocks to these axles & Axis said the same thing. I have an 02
Airstream 22' with Henschen axles at my shop at the moment that doesn' t
have any shocks, and never did have as there are no mounts for them.
Probably a cost saving measure at the time. It never had a bellypan either.
Go figure.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc
www.thevap.com