Re: [VAL] princess stove

Hi Scott,

I don't know about other pressure regulation on the Princess, have yet
to fire mine up (1960 Tradewind).

I do know from cleaning other gas stoves that over the years that
various amounts of detritus can build up and interfere with proper
function. One stove I had allowed me to gently remove the burner
elements and I discovered a large amount of scale, some rust and what I
suspected to be carbonized food below and inside the burner. Some of the
small burner holes were partially clogged. Using a vacuum, plastic
scraper and tooth brush I removed all the trash as carefully as I could.
Afterwards the stove top worked quite well for several years until I moved.

I did NOT try and adjust any of the pilot lights or gas nozzles and was
very careful not to damage these parts - it was a frame home and I have
always been wary of fires. ( I had previously turned the pilot lights
off but recommend that work / adjustments to the gas delivery system be
under the supervision of someone qualified to tamper with it).

Best of growing,

Bob
SW Florida USA
1960 Tradewind