Re: [VAL] DVD of Old Airstream Caravans

Hi Daisy:

    Airstream has numerous original cans of the films in a pretty
(better than a year ago) safe place, a large metal cabinet in the
marketing department.  My techie DVD producer friend still has the DVD
Digital Master (from which copies are made), and I have a DVD here, so
the DVDs are spread around.

    I have no idea as to cost.  The films have already been digitized at
a bargain basement price to the VAC years ago, but they should be copied
and put onto discs with newer DVD making software.  Buying commercial
quality DVD making software used to be expensive, but might be more
reasonable today???  I don't know anything about that area.

    Airstream had a Calif. company copy one of our DVDs and relay the
digital tracks on DVD for them.  The VAC's DVD problems of a few years
ago came in part from incompatibility among the various DVD formats.

Fred