Re: [VAL] Jim/Toyo vs Carlisle...how about Towmasters

Thanks for the info., however, I went with Towmaster bias belted also for my
1961 Airstream Bambi in 2005. On a trip cross country that year, I noticed
serious cracking between the treads and didn't trust them to get me home.  I
stop at a tire dealer along US 10 in Louisiana and we decided on Michelin
14' light truck tires. They are load range C and rated for 1875 lbs. A
recent article in Trailer Life mag. said the Michelin truck tires are good
for trailers if you can find the proper load rating, so I feel very good
about them on the 2000 lbs Bambi.
I believe, but not sure, that the same company that makes the Goodyear
Marathon also makes the Carlislie radial trailer tires, therefore the bad
reputation.
I've also heard Toyo makes good tires but have no experience with them.
When the Michelins get to 5 or 6 years, I probably go with the Carlisle bias
ply on the Bambi. I have over 15000 miles on the Carlisles on the Avion and
no problems at all, so I like them. But this is all just my opinion based on
my experiences with the Goodyears.
Goodyear makes a bias belt for U-Haul but you can't get them unless you know
someone. I think they would be good.

Jim