Re: [VAL] Commode installation

    Jerry,

    On my 1969 Caravel there is a shaped steel toilet mounting ring that the
black plastic flange attaches to and ultimately holds the plate, along with
several screws through the plate and into the plywood under the fiberglass
base, in place.

    Said another way viewing everything from a side cutaway, bottom to top,
there's the:

    1.  The holding tank,
    2.  The 3/4" plywood over the tank that the plate mounting screws go
into,
    3.  The interior finished fiberglass over the plywood,
    4.  The pressed steel plate with keyhole toilet mounting slots as well
as mounting holes for the screws that go through the fiberglass and into the
plywood,
    5.  The black plastic flange that threads into threaded female fitting
in the tank and compresses the tank, plywood and the pressed steel mounting
plate all together.  In addition, several screws go through the plate,
through the fiberglass and into the plywood to prevent the steel plate from
rotating.

    The toilet then attaches to that plate.

    If yours is like mine, you'll need to unscrew the black plastic flange
and then the mounting screws through the plate that go into the plywood.
After that, it'll all loosen up enough for your to reposition the plate to
accommodate positioning your head just where you want it to face.

    Good luck,

    Glyn Judson, 1969 Caravel #508, Santa Monica, CA